You knew it was coming!! Can I get a “YAY BURPEES!!”
The burpee challenge starts December 1 and runs through December 31.
$5 to enter and it’s WINNER TAKE ALL!! Your goal – accumulate as many burpees as possible by the end of the day December 31.
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, do a little or do a lot – EVERYONE should enter this challenge!!
Here are the rules (of course there are rules!!):
- $5 to enter. You must be signed up and paid by December 1.
- All burpees must be performed at the box.
- Burpees can be done before the warm-up or after the WOD, but not during the class. Come early – stay late!
- Burpees performed during the warm-up and WODs do not count toward your total.
- If it’s a day that you’re not lifting you can do burpees during that portion of the class – just remember there’s a WOD coming!!
- There will be a board set up to log your burpees – you must enter in the number of burpees performed on the day they were performed. Coaches will not be updating the board.
- If you leave the box without entering your daily total you lose out on that day – so don’t forget to update the board!!
Wondering about the energy expenditure during the Burpee Exercise ( how many kcals per Burpee)?
Body Weight (lbs.) – kcals per Burpee
120 – 0.95
130 – 1.03
140 – 1.11
150 – 1.19
160 – 1.27
170 – 1.35
180 – 1.43
190 – 1.51
200 – 1.59
210 – 1.67
So, if you chow down on 2 slices of Domino’s pizza, that equates to 600 kcals, which means you’ll need to do 419 burpees to burn it off!!
*courtesy of new.spartan.com